As provided by the Constitution of the Republic of Rwanda, in its article 88, on the approval of high ranking officials by the Senate.
This Thursday, October 17, 2013, the Senate, chaired by the Vice-President of the Senate, Hon. MAKUZA Bernard meeting in ordinary session to examine the candidature of Chief Executive Officer (CEO) in Rwanda Development Board Amb. Rugwabiza Valentine.
Amb. Rugwabiza Valentine has exercised more activities in various fields:
- 2005- 2013: Deputy Director General, WTO, Geneva;
- 2002-2005: Permanent Representative of Rwanda to the WTO and the UN Organizations in Geneva, Ambassador of Rwanda in Switzerland, Geneva;
- 2000-2002: Advisor, Project PACFA, Kigali;
- 1997-2000: CEO of Synergy Group, Kigali;
- 1994-1997: F. Hoffmann-La Roche, Regional Director for West and Central Africa, Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire;
- 1990-1994: F. Hoffmann-La Roche, Director, Strategy Department, Central Africa, Douala, Cameroon.
The Senate has been delighted that the candidate proposed by the Government is competent and have a long experience in field of trade, and expressed confidence that she will perform her duties.
The Senate approves the appointment of Amb. Rugwabiza Valentine after the presentation of the report by Senator MUSHINZIMANA Apollinaire, the Chairperson of the Committee on Political and Good Governance Affairs.