On 28 August 2020, President of the Senate, Rt. Hon. Dr Augustin Iyamuremye chaired the Plenary Session of the Senate that convened in an extraordinary session to approve the appointment of various officials.
While different senatorial Committees’ were tabling before the plenary sitting of the Senate the analysis report on appointed officials, Chairperson of the Committees said that they held interviews with them and then gathered information about them, and finally found that they have enough skills and experience in leadership which will enable them to accomplish their responsibilities.
After debating on the various committees’ reports, the Plenary Sitting of the Senate adopted those reports and then approved the appointment, by Cabinet meeting of 14 August 2020, of:
- Ms Uwacu Julienne as Executive Secretary of the Genocide Survivors Support and Assistance FundFARG;
- Mr Bizimana Claude as Chief Executive Officer of the National Agriculture and Export Board-NAEB;
- Amb. Nduhungirehe Olivier as Ambassador of Rwanda to the Kingdom of Netherlands;
- Mr Mutsindashyaka Theoneste, as Ambassador of Rwanda to the Republic of Congo;
- Ms Nyiramatama Zaina as Ambassador of Rwanda to the Kingdom of Morocco.
The article 86 of the Constitution of Republic of Rwanda of 2003 revised in 2015, stipulates that the Senate has the powers to approve the appointment of some high officials.