‘‘To contribute to the building of an egalitarian, equitable, inclusive and participatory society, playing the influential role in gender matters in accordance with the Parliament mission’’.
‘‘A society characterized by unity, equality and equity between men and women.’’
Contribute to the capacity building of Parliamentary Women in the framework of their parliamentary role in general and of their position of advocacy for the consideration of Gender dimension within the Parliamentary mission, structure and axe strategies.
- To promote solidarity among Rwandan Parliamentary Women and thus support their blooming beyond the ideologies of their respective political parties;
- To sensitize Rwandan parliamentary women to mutual support in all circumstances: happy or unhappy.
- To continue to strengthen the national unity, consolidate peace and fight against the genocide ideology in all its forms;
- To sensitize Rwandan parliamentary women to adopt strategies enabling them to advocate for the elaboration and the adoption of laws and policies taking into account gender dimension;
- To sensitize Members of Parliament, all public and private institutions to support the activities aiming at promoting the welfare of Rwandan women in general, and women and children survivors of the 1994 Genocide and massacres in particular.
- To intervene in the revision and abrogation of laws and practices containing discrimination against women and in the elaboration and adoption of laws taking into consideration the principles of gender equality in the national development;
- To adopt suitable strategies of implementation of laws and recommendations enacted in respect of women and children during the national, regional and international conferences;
- To build the Rwandan parliamentary women capacity in order to better carry out their attributions and contribute to activities of increasing the number of women occupying the decision making posts;
- To strengthen the partnership relations between the Forum and various institutions and national or international networks;
- To undertake any action likely to enable the achievement of objectives mentioned-above.
For a better fulfilment of its Mission, The Rwanda Women Parliamentary Forum has set up the following organs:
a) The General Assembly
It is RWPF supreme organ, composed of all effective members.
b) The Executive Committee
It is responsible for commitments taken on behalf of the Forum. It provides tools and suitable services and supervises their management.
The Executive Committee is composed of 9 members:
• One President;
• One Vice-President;
• One Secretary General;
• One Treasury;
• Five Presidents of Committees.
The bureau of the Committee is composed of:
- The President;
- The Vice-President;
- The Treasurer;
- The Secretary General.
c) Permanent Commissions
RWPF has put up five permanent commissions. Those commissions are specific entities of analysis and advocacy for the implementation of RWPF mission in terms of:
• RWPF members capacity-building and women empowerment;
• The Forum partnership with other institutions;
d) Surveillance Council
The Surveillance Council is composed of 3 members elected by the General Assembly. It is in charge of:
- Controlling the Forum accounts;
- Monitoring application of the General Assembly instructions by the Executive Committee;
- Resolution of conflicts which may arise between members of the Forum.
e) Executive Secretariat
The Executive Secretary ensures the daily management of RWPF. It is headed by a Coordinator assisted by the Secretary.